Thursday, March 06, 2008

Temping

My most recent gig is working for Legal Counsel at a huge college in the city. I've been at it for two weeks. This is a quiet work place. I like that. I have a nice big, private cubicle, a flat screen pc monitor and all the Green Mountain coffee I want. The people are nice too! Hopefully, they'll keep me on permanently. The thing is is that I'm not really busy. Seems to me that this is the plight of being a temp in NYC. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but, why do they temporarily need this position filled? I don't get it.

My very first temp job in the city planted my ass in an empty receptionist office that no one, I repeat, no one visited. The instruction given was, "If the phone rings answer it and direct all calls to this one extension". No one called, the position lasted three days. Very strange, indeed. The whole time I felt as if I was being filmed and any minute Alan Funt would walk up to me laughing...

I would gladly take on this current position full time if they wanted me. I could post blogs all day and quite possibly become the young Andy Rooney, who is what I feel like when I'm writing my blogs. I'd change my blog page title to "The Plight of Curmudgeonry". I kind of like the sound of that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home