Friday, June 02, 2006

Currently...

I haven't updated my blog in a long time. A lot of things are going on with me lately. Changes are on the horizon and it feels really good. I guess the biggest thing is that I gave my job (which I've hated for over 2years now) 4weeks notice. And as much as my Dad is going to hate reading this I must divulge...I gave notice without anything lined up.

The thing is that I know I will be able to sign up with some Temp agencies and get work immediately. It’s just that I needed to quit in order for me to get things going for myself. As long as I worked at this job the longer I was going to be here. I've never wanted to be here. And don't know exactly where I want to be in a career, but I do know that I can't sit here and waste my life away waiting for something to happen, being completely miserable. So, I made it happen.

Come July, I am finally giving college a try too. I have many interests; that’s never changed. My last day at this job is Friday, June 9th. It's been nice folks! Saturday, June 10th I'm taking off for a full week in the woods. Hiking the Appalachian Trail at my own pace and not answering to anyone. Man I like hearing myself say that...'at my own pace and not answering to anyone.'

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it. Hike that hike and have the time of your life. I am old now and I would give anything to be young again, with possibilities. Do it all before all you have left is regret. Enjoy. The years are gonna rip away faster than you can imagine.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!!!! I did the same thing almost 5 years ago. I quit my job of 5 years and went back to school for nursing.
Alot of people told me I was out of my mind to do that. "How will you survive?" "You have a child to care for"...
Yep, I sure did. And yes, it was the hardest thing in my life I had ever done. Bologna and mac and cheese seemed like a gourmet meal at times..
But, I did it...and now, all those people look at me and say "Wow, you did it!!"
Yep, I sure did...
And it is huge relief to me that I don't have a job now, I have a career.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home